Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this career opportunity and we will walk you through our online application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you would like to send this career opportunity to a someone who might be interested.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (seven times) and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for four consecutive years, Georgian College has cultivated a reputation as a great place to work. With seven campus locations, Georgian’s main campus is in Barrie, one of the fastest growing and most beautiful lakeside communities in Ontario. You may apply for a position at Georgian for the opportunity to work in a rewarding profession, but you will choose to stay because of the exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
||Financial Planning Analyst
||General Financial Services
||$ 67,769 - $ 84,711
||As soon as possible - May 31, 2015
Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning, the incumbent is accountable for the provision of financial planning. This includes the preparation, support, and monitoring of the college budget as well as the implementation of any new budgetary systems / procedures and the development and preparation of statistical analyses and Ministry of Education and Training reports. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing the budget for full-time salaries and fringe benefits as well as projecting costs, savings, and impacts of all leaves, retirements and compensation changes
- Working closely with the Director and the Senior Management Team in the planning, development and monitoring of the college budget
- Contributing to the financial stability of the college by providing a wide range of analysis and costing
- Reducing expenses, improving on efficiency, and increasing revenue within the College by developing analytical techniques to identify areas of concern
- Serving as the primary resource contact for the college with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities for a number of financial issues
- Preparing progress reports using Ministry Guidelines and advising directors and managers on appropriate disbursement of these funds
- Assisting managers in developing, submitting and maintaining budgets as well as assessing the impact of any budget or operational changes
- Interpreting and analyzing financial and budgetary statements
- Successfully completed a three year diploma / degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to business or accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a role requiring strong analytical, mathematical, computerized financial system and human relation skills in a large scale organization
- Proven ability and experience working in a computerized financial system with the ability to prepare and present detailed reports
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills
- Proven planning and organizational skills
- Experience making presentations and facilitating information sessions
- Proven analytic and mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and oral communication skills
- Occasional travel is required
- CA / CGA / CMA designation is an asset
- Experience in an educational institution would be an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.