Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this career opportunity and we will walk you through our online application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you would like to send this career opportunity to a someone who might be interested.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (seven times) and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for four consecutive years, Georgian College has cultivated a reputation as a great place to work. With seven campus locations, Georgian’s main campus is in Barrie, one of the fastest growing and most beautiful lakeside communities in Ontario. You may apply for a position at Georgian for the opportunity to work in a rewarding profession, but you will choose to stay because of the exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
||Data Management Clerk
||School of Liberal Arts and Access Programs
||$ 17.42 - $ 21.77
|Hours per week
||24 hours per week
||August 15, 2014 - August 22, 2015
THIS IS A CONTRACT (PART-TIME) POSITION.
Reporting to the Manager, Government and Employment Programs the incumbent is responsible for entering client, learner, and employer information into the Employment Ontario Information System – Case Management System (EOIS-CaMS), the Employment Ontario data entry system that supports the Centre for Career and Employment Services and the College and Career Preparation program. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting information from the team and entering into the EOIS Ministry system
- Reviewing reports from the Ministry system to ensure accuracy with site data
- Reviewing participants files upon leaving the program to ensure all paperwork is complete
- Entering subsidy expenditures and participant support dollars into the internal database and reconciling them against the Ministry system
- Preparing reports and assisting with Ministry or College reports as required
- Distributing client satisfaction surveys ensuring completion is per program guidelines and entering data into EOIS system
- Conducting weekly uploads from CaMS to the Client Activity Tracking System (CATS) and liaising with CATS working group to facilitate updates with the IT department
- Monitoring the Employment Ontario website and informing the team of any changes to program delivery as regulated by the guidelines
- Assisting with front-line coverage as required which includes responding to inquiries, evaluating initial client needs and directing them to internal and external services, booking appointments and placing reminder calls, and assisting clients with office equipment
- Verifying information is completed and accurate from clients and set up files
- Creating employer files and contracts
- Successfully completed a one year postsecondary certificate in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to Office Administration
- Two years’ experience in a general office environment providing frontline customer service and performing data entry
- Experience verifying and reconciling data to ensure completion and accuracy of information
- Experience using a computerized database to pull queries and prepare reports
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, etc.) to reconcile data and communicate with stakeholders
- Proven ability to multitask and complete work in a timely and accurate manner
- Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to communicate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in Ministry data entry programs (i.e. Employment Ontario Information System) is an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.