Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this career opportunity and we will walk you through our online application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you would like to send this career opportunity to a someone who might be interested.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (seven times) and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for four consecutive years, Georgian College has cultivated a reputation as a great place to work. With seven campus locations, Georgian’s main campus is in Barrie, one of the fastest growing and most beautiful lakeside communities in Ontario. You may apply for a position at Georgian for the opportunity to work in a rewarding profession, but you will choose to stay because of the exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
||Marketing Assistants (4 positions)
||Marketing and Communications
||$ 19.45 - $ 24.31 (under review)
|Hours per week
||24 hours per week
||August 19, 2014 – November 21, 2014
|THIS IS A CONTRACT (PART-TIME) POSITION.
There are 4 positions available.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Recruitment, the incumbents will work collaboratively with Georgian College’s Marketing Team during the fall student recruitment period. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing recruitment and marketing strategies for Georgian College / University Partnership programs (UPC)
- Delivering multi-media presentations and workshops aimed at recruitment and an increased profile for Georgian College and UPC programs
- Representing Georgian College / UPC at recruitment / events by implementing marketing strategies to promote and solicit students using formal presentations and participating in trade shows, career fairs and college / university information events
- Tailoring recruitment strategies for the large population of adult learners
- Preparing and delivering presentations / workshops at conferences / trade show and on campus to a wide variety of audiences
- Using email, social media and web strategies to help build relationships between Georgian College / UPC and potential students and influencers
- Participating in a number of recruitment events including: Fall Open House, Ontario University Fair / University Information Program and College Information Program and Community Nights
- During on-site time provides guidance and information to college and university bound students regarding Georgian College, the application process / procedures and pathways
- Providing admission and articulation agreement information for those interested in University studies at Georgian and communicating programs, policies and procedures to key influencers (Guidance Counselors, teachers and parents)
- Successfully completed a two year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to marketing or business administration
- Six months’ experience in the marketing / communication field where duties included preparing marketing material and delivering presentations
- Computer experience with Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook Excel)
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations
- Experience gathering data and preparing reports
- Demonstrated communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability work independently and as part of a team
- Valid “G” Class driver’s license with reliable transportation and at least 21 years of age to meet the requirements of renting transportation
- Ability to work non-traditional hours with occasional overnight travel to represent Georgian at various events throughout Ontario
- Must be able to meet the physical needs of the position (i.e., lifting 35-40 lb. boxes, bending, setting up / dismantling display booths unaided)
- Knowledge of Georgian College / UPC programs is an asset
- Georgian College / UPC graduate would be an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.