Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this career opportunity and we will walk you through our online application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you would like to send this career opportunity to a someone who might be interested.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (seven times) and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for four consecutive years, Georgian College has cultivated a reputation as a great place to work. With seven campus locations, Georgian’s main campus is in Barrie, one of the fastest growing and most beautiful lakeside communities in Ontario. You may apply for a position at Georgian for the opportunity to work in a rewarding profession, but you will choose to stay because of the exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
||Customer Service Clerk
||Libraries and Learning Resources
||$ 17.42 - $ 21.77
|Hours per week
||24 hours per week
||As soon as possible to April 24, 2015
THIS IS A CONTRACT (PART-TIME) POSITION.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent provides circulation service to patrons at the Library Circulation Desk. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Registering patrons including charging, discharging and renewing library materials using the automated library systems, SIRSI
- Processing payments (debit, visa, or cash) for library services or overdue fines
- Answering patron inquiries (in person and on the phone) and directing them to the appropriate person / service
- Selling print credits
- Operating the security gate and ensuring library materials are not removed without permission
- Performing the library’s opening and closing procedures
- Maintaining the library’s collections including the sorting, shelving, counting, stamping, tattle taping and withdrawing of materials
- Providing clerical assistance to a designated Hub
- Assisting users with the operation of equipment such as copiers, printers, scanners, microform and reader / printers, video preview equipment
- Providing directional reference and referral service to library patrons
- Successfully completed a secondary school diploma
- Six months experience in an automated library environment providing customer service to patrons
- Experience handling cash and accepting payments for library services or overdue fines
- Experience maintaining a library’s collection including sorting and shelving materials
- Demonstrated experience with copiers, printers, scanners, microform, reader / printers, and / or video preview equipment
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, etc.) to answer inquires and research information
- Communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills to answer inquiries and provide reference / referral services
- Customer service and conflict resolution skills to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multitask and set priorities in an environment prone to interruption
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.