Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this career opportunity and we will walk you through our online application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you would like to send this career opportunity to a someone who might be interested.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (seven times) and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for four consecutive years, Georgian College has cultivated a reputation as a great place to work. With seven campus locations, Georgian’s main campus is in Barrie, one of the fastest growing and most beautiful lakeside communities in Ontario. You may apply for a position at Georgian for the opportunity to work in a rewarding profession, but you will choose to stay because of the exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
||Peoplesoft Financial Functional Analyst
||Advancement and Community Development
||$32.19 (start rate) - $37.31 (4 year rate)
|Hours per week
||As soon as possible to May 29, 2015
|THIS IS AN INITIATIVES / OPPORTUNITIES POSITION.
Terms and conditions of employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Financial Project Lead and working within the PeopleSoft Finance Implementation team, the incumbent provides day to day functional system administration to support the full implementation of PeopleSoft Finance. This includes developing requirements, researching and testing functionality; documenting procedures; ensuring appropriate system set-up at the desktop; developing, analyzing and reporting systems data; administering security structures; liaising with the Information Technology Team on technical support issues to ensure optimal system implementation and operation. The incumbent will also troubleshoot and resolve system problems ensuring mission critical deadlines are not compromised. The incumbent will design and deliver training while providing functional support to end users. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing application support in the implementation of the PeopleSoft Finance system.
- Leading requirement gathering, including requirement documentation and customer acceptance.
- Developing requirements, researches and tests functionality for required modifications, interfaces, conversions and reports. Troubleshoots, analyzes and resolves system problems.
- Assisting with installations (test and production instances) with the Information Technology Team and conducts acceptance testing for periodic software patches/fixes and major design upgrades
- Developing system procedures and configuration documentation. Establishes and maintains appropriate Change Control procedures for the maintenance of PeopleSoft Finance system.
- Assisting in data validation & conversion as well as general ledger definition.
- Developing and administers the security structure for the PeopleSoft Finance system ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality. Defines new security structures and/or user roles as necessary to support the implementation and within the guidelines contained in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act legislation.
- Acting as the technical liaison for the system implementation. Liaises with the Information Technology Team to ensure optimal system implementation and operation.
- Participating in focus groups and fit gap sessions. Guides project team through best practices and business process improvements regarding PeopleSoft implementation, maps current processes
- Developing queries and reporting tools to investigate and analyze system data structure relationships; works with Finance functional staff to identify and confirm business requirements, develops recommendations and implements approved solutions to ensure data integrity.
- Working collaboratively with the Information Technology Team to administer Reporting and Query tools, ensuring the integrity and availability of financial data, develop, organize and maintain a portfolio of reports to provide information for centralized and decentralized needs.
- Designing and delivering User training sessions for all users and provides functional guidance and support to end users in their day-to-day use of product suites.
- Liaising with the Information Technology team to ensure transactional functionalities for the financial system meets the needs of the users. Represents the finance department at routine, bi-weekly technical and issue management meetings and ensures relevant project information is shared with the implementation team.
- Successfully completed a three year postsecondary diploma / degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to business or computer studies
- A minimum of five years’ experience working with database design and functions, testing protocols, using report writing tools, as well as troubleshooting / resolving problems within a Finance system
- Must have experience with PeopleSoft Financial version 9.0 or higher
- Experience working with web based systems that support a finance information system
- Proven technical, analytical, problem solving and project management skills are required
- Experience with standard testing protocols and working with database design and functions.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving systems problems
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication (written/oral) skills
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes, technical requirements and PeopleSoft systems tools and database structures
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative, work independently as well as within a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast paced deadline driven environment juggling multiple projects to ensure timelines are met
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.