Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this career opportunity and we will walk you through our online application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you would like to send this career opportunity to a someone who might be interested.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (seven times) and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for four consecutive years, Georgian College has cultivated a reputation as a great place to work. With seven campus locations, Georgian’s main campus is in Barrie, one of the fastest growing and most beautiful lakeside communities in Ontario. You may apply for a position at Georgian for the opportunity to work in a rewarding profession, but you will choose to stay because of the exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
||Campus Support Clerk
||Community and Business Development
||$ 16.70 - $ 20.88
|Hours per week
||up to 24 hours per week
THIS IS A CONTRACT (PART-TIME) POSITION. This position is a part-time support position and is reviewed annually. This position requires the incumbent to work non-traditional hours, days, evenings and weekends.
Reporting to the Campus Manager, the incumbent will receive and enter part-time registrations into the student information system and process payments. As a member of the front line team, the incumbent is responsible for reception duties including answering the phone and greeting students, faculty, clients and members of the community. The incumbent provides clerical support to the Campus Manager and other campus Administration. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Opening / securing the campus at closing and taking responsibility for building operations / emergency first aid during evening hours which includes performing snow removal at entrances, providing services for room / event set-ups / furniture moves / equipment delivery and maintaining tidy classrooms / washrooms
- Troubleshooting computer /multi-media issues for students /faculty and placing service calls for inoperable computer / multi-media equipment
- Marketing programs ensuring campus bulletins and message boards are updated, preparing presentation flyers, advertising / media releases, updating the website and producing the campus newsletter
- Assisting students and monitoring the Student Resource Centre
- Representing the campus on the Health and Safety committee
- Acting as the staff advisor to the Students Administrative Council (SAC)
- Providing front-line reception for all programs, entering student registrations, processing payments, running reports and closing out cashiering system as required
- Scheduling Smart Serve training, requests for CPT testing, proctoring requests and booking the boardroom
- Providing support to instructors and assisting with requests for invigilation
- Proctoring and invigilating courses (internal and external)
- Performing clerical support by preparing and summarizing evaluations, lists, certificates and providing general office duties
- Successfully completed a one year postsecondary certificate in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to office administration
- Two years’ experience in a multifaceted, fast paced, clerical position (preferably in an educational environment)
- Computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office Suite and data bases
- Experience trouble shooting computers / audio visual / office equipment
- Experience in front-line customer service including registrations and payments
- Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, evenings and weekends is required
- Ability to meet the physical duties of the position (shovelling snow, moving furniture / equipment and climbing stairs)
- Experience with invigilation in an educational environment is an asset
- Experience working in a Student Information System (preferably Banner) is an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.