Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this career opportunity and we will walk you through our online application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you would like to send this career opportunity to a someone who might be interested.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (seven times) and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for four consecutive years, Georgian College has cultivated a reputation as a great place to work. With seven campus locations, Georgian’s main campus is in Barrie, one of the fastest growing and most beautiful lakeside communities in Ontario. You may apply for a position at Georgian for the opportunity to work in a rewarding profession, but you will choose to stay because of the exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
||Campus Support / Marketing Assistant
||School of Liberal Arts and Access Programs
||$ 16.70 - $ 20.88
|Hours per week
||24 hours per week
||ASAP to March 31, 2015
THIS IS A CONTRACT (PART-TIME) POSITION. This position will be reviewed annually.
Reporting to the Regional Campus Manager, the incumbent supports the marketing and promotion of campus programming and courses. In addition, the incumbent responds, and participates, to local requests by agencies, event organizers, and schools for presentations and plays a key role in on campus event coordination. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating, updating and distributing campus marketing materials and documenting expenditures
- Maintaining a social networking presence for the campus
- Providing input into the campus marketing plan and ensuring action items from the plan are, as required, followed through (i.e. coordinating newspaper ads / radio campaigns, etc.)
- Monitoring and maintaining the display of calendars and promotional literature on campus
- Scheduling and making presentations at information sessions to promote campus program and course offerings to local schools, agencies and special interest groups
- Coordinating on campus events (i.e. Graduation celebrations, Open House and Preview Day) which may involve providing administrative and logistical support (i.e. distributing invitations, arranging catering, booking photographers, assisting with the set-up and tear down of events, etc.)
- Providing campus support by answering enquiries regarding courses and services offered, taking registrations, and processing payments
- Opening / closing the campus and assisting with events
- Providing clerical support and assisting the managers as required
- Successfully completed a one year postsecondary certificate in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to office administration
- Two years’ experience in a role where duties included event organization, preparing marketing materials (electronic presentations and print materials), and delivering presentations
- Computer experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and desktop publishing applications (preferably InDesign)
- Experience with social media (i.e. Facebook and Twitter)
- Proven organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (evenings and weekends) as required
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.