||Support Desk Analyst (Edmonton Location)
Fountain Tire Ltd. is searching for a Support Desk Analyst located in our Edmonton Corporate Office.
With over 50 years in the tire and mechanical service industry, Fountain Tire is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's "50 Best Managed Companies". Our pride extends to being one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards. Our vision - to be the best tire dealer in Canada - is reflected in all facets of our business. We are committed to attracting and retaining talented people who want to be a part of achieving this vision.
The Information Services team provides equipment, applications and technical support to ensure effective technical solutions are implemented and maintained in our network of 150 stores and offices throughout Western and Central Canada.
SUPPORT DESK ANALYST
As an important member of the Support Desk team, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for efficiently resolving complex technical issues on numerous desktop and custom applications, including hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting. This will include:
- Provide direct support through phone calls, email, fax and in person
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support on numerous desktop and custom applications; including hardware/software troubleshooting and configuration
- During the course of troubleshooting, utilize support systems, remote control tools and technical or functional knowledge to resolve customer issues
- Diagnose and resolve basic network/internet related problems.
- Utilize support systems / tools and technical / functional knowledge to remotely resolve a customer problem during the course of troubleshooting.
- Provide basic support for printers and other office equipment
- Open tickets on problem issues and capture accurate and thorough notes on each case
- Some work may include: off shift, weekend work and on-call services after normal business hours. Will carry shared on call cell phone to facilitate intra-department communications both during and after normal business hours.
- Travel may be required to complete projects
What does it take to succeed?
- Technical certifications or a Diploma in Computer Science and 3 to 5 years’ experience in a Support Analyst role; a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Preferred experience: Active Directory, Project Management, System Imaging, Networking and a background in Accounting or Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Extensive proven technical abilities/problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A high degree of customer focus and good attention to detail
- A strong belief and understanding of being a team player in an enterprise environment.
What Do We Offer?
- Challenging and interesting work in a unique work environment
- Competitive market wages
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family.
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization.
- Support in developing, learning and sharing knowledge, including subsidized education and promotional opportunities
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle.
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations.