||Records and Accounting Administrator (Edmonton Location)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
The Records and Accounting Administrator supports Fountain Tire's centralized document filing and payment processes.
Specifically, the Records and Accounting Administrator will:
- Be the internal EDMS administrator, as we switch from a hardcopy file system to an electronic Data Management system (EDMS.) This includes:
- Being responsible for administration of records systems;
- Storing, arranging, indexing and classifying records;
- Developing processes that support EDMS implementation and application;
- Responding to internal and/or external information enquiries;
- Through the transition process, this will also include filing batches of documents received from operating units and within head office.
- Processing the weekly cheque run, which includes:
- Setting up cheques for printing according to established process and schedule and as required;
- Maintaining appropriate audit trail records;
- Processing void cheque requests and intercompany payments;
- Maintaining adequate cheque stock to meet corporate needs.
To succeed in this role, the following knowledge, skills, experience and aptitude is required:
- A certificate in Information Management is required; some accounting experience and training is desirable.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office.
- A customer service focus supported by excellent organizational and time management skills in order to manage independent work and inquiries.
- Keen attention to detail; this includes ability to accurately file data alphabetically and numerically.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members; this includes good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.