||Inventory Analyst (St. Albert)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
As an important member of the Supply Chain team, the Inventory Analyst, located in our St Albert Distribution Centre, will work closely with the Inventory Manager and Marketing team to optimize the performance for assigned product categories while supporting the alignment and execution of the Inventory and Supply Chain processes. Responsible for ensuring product supply is available to meet forecasted demand to achieve sales and growth targets for Fountain Tire while meeting or exceeding budgetary requirements, the Inventory Analyst will:
- Analyze, manage and optimize all inventory product categories including inventory classification, supply plans, product life cycle management, obsolete and slow moving inventory.
- Maintain an optimal replenishment level based on suppliers supply chain capabilities. Monitor and adjust the strategy as required.
- Analyze and monitor inventory levels at stores and DC’s. Initiate orders as appropriate to meet key KPI’s and SLA’s for the product category.
- Work collaboratively with stores to analyze and align their min/max replenishment settings based on customer sales and category management (license plate registration data) analytics.
- Expedite and follow-up all purchase orders for the product category and take action as appropriate to ensure on-time deliveries. Ensure that purchase orders are updated and back orders acted upon and communicated to the field accordingly.
- Notify marketing team, analysts and management of large forecast variance on key items and associated inventory imbalances. Address product overages and shortages with the inventory management and marketing teams.
- Execute the agreed stocking strategy by inventory demand class (A, B, C, and DD) and ensure the stocking locations and fill rates of these products are aligned with the stocking strategy. Review and analyze product demand class on a regular basis and recommend changes as required
- Analyze and resolve escalated inventory issues through mediation with store managers, retread managers, distribution, suppliers and marketing to ensure uninterrupted flow of goods within the supply chain.
- Collaborate with key suppliers to align and/or optimize our demand forecasts with their production forecasts.
- Manage all vendor maintenance duties for given categories.
- Keep all relevant files and databases accurate and up-to-date.
- Assist in the design, development, implementation and documentation of inventory management processes and business system enhancements
- Work closely with the inventory management, marketing and forecast teams in planning new product introductions while optimizing current category inventory performance.
- Analyze product category performance and targeted KPI’s through concise reporting and scorecard tracking for all inventory activities including forecast accuracy, product availability, current inventory value, inventory turnover, gross margin, GMROII, vendor performance/management and budget accountability. Communicate these analytics in a timely manner to key stakeholders.
- Recognize problems and opportunities within Fountain Tire’s and its supplier’s supply chain. Take constructive action to enable improvements.
- 3-5 years working in a Supply Chain capacity. Experience in an inventory management role or in an integrated Supply Chain role within a complex network is an asset.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Working towards or obtained a SCMP designation is a considerable asset.
- Proficiency in data manipulation and analysis.
- Knowledge of the Supply Chain and current with the principles, methods and trends for inventory management improvement within a complex supply chain network.
- Analytical abilities and deductive reasoning skills with a focus on detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be results oriented and focused on goal setting to meet and/or exceed budgets and KPI targets.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.