||Service Truck Driver (Stettler Location)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
Here’s who we’re looking for. Does this sound like you?
- Reliable, motivated and driven to deliver quality workmanship and a superior customer experience.
- Continuously looking to learn and use new skills.
- Value a strong team-based workplace.
- Flexible, patient, and calm when working with tight schedules.
- Focused on meeting goals and targets.
Your duties will include:
- Install, balance, rotate and repair tires as directed by customer work order in a safe and efficient manner; this includes ensuring all tires and wheels are inspected for correct inflation, wear patterns, tread depth and damage as per inspection form and documented accordingly, and adhering to required torque specifications.
- Complete assigned eLearning courses including Tire Industry Association (TIA), Rim Safety Course (Wheels Off Certification), WHMIS, Customer Experience Standards, and other courses with a passing grade; this includes completing recertification when required, and adhering to standards and policies as described in learning modules.
- Complete full process of service work order, which includes taking initial service call, customer contact and billing information, ensuring all products and services are billed accurately, etc.
- Reset and repair tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Maintain tire service equipment on a regularly scheduled basis; this includes tire balancing equipment, tire changing equipment, compressors/air equipment, and hydraulic equipment, and understanding and adhering to safe operation of all equipment.
- Deliver customer tire maintenance program by visiting assigned locations to complete fleet checks, etc.
What does it take to get on track?
- Working knowledge of passenger, light truck, medium truck and OTR tires, specialty tire services, and wheels with a keen attention to detail.
- A customer service focus with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers; this includes good communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; this includes organization, time management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract from province of residence.
- Basic computer skills to successfully complete required learning and safety courses and achieve certification where required.
- Ability to consistently lift 25 kilograms.
- Completion of high school diploma and one year of tire-related experience; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.
Whether you are looking to join Fountain Tire on the technical side of the business in the shop—Tire Technician, Automotive or Heavy Duty Technician—or the highly interactive customer facing roles at the front counter—Inside or Outside Sales Representative—both sides of the business are equally important and both can lead to bigger opportunities!