||Mining Tire Technician (Kamloops)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
As an important member of the Mine Services team, the Mining Tire Technician will work a scheduled shift (typically 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off) at a remote mine site location to:
- Install, balance, rotate, and repair passenger, light truck, medium truck, farm, industrial and OTR tires, and wheels in a safe and efficient manner as directed by the scope of service contract.
- Complete comprehensive tire reports, which may include detail of tire history, average tire hours, tire costs per hour per fleet or per tire size, monthly and year to date costs, cause of failures, and tire budget projects for each year.
- Plan suggested schedule tire rotation in coordination with site maintenance personnel and maintain all tire records in accordance with computerized tracking systems; this includes managing tire rotations to maximize tire and equipment performance.
- Fountain Tire will fly you from the major airport closest to you to your worksite!
- Competitive market wages
- Paid travel expenses within Western Canada to and from the mine site
- Comprehensive benefit programs for you and your family
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization
- Support in developing, learning and sharing knowledge
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations
- Five to six years of experience working with passenger, light truck, medium truck, farm, industrial, and OTR tires, specialty tire services, and wheels.
- Ability to travel to remote mine sites for scheduled shifts by aircraft.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to successfully complete required learning and safety courses and achieve certification where required.
- Ability to lift 25 kilograms.
- Valid driver's license.
- Strong personal work habits and the willingness to learn.
- Belief in, and support of, a safe work environment.
- Effective communication and the want to succeed in a fast paced, team environment.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.