||Accounting Assistant, Accounts Payable (Edmonton Location)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
As an important member of the Corporate Accounting team, the successful candidate will be responsible for completing reconciliations, accounts payables and assistance to Fountain Tire Supply and Retread Plants, and examine accounting and financial records to ensure financial statement accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards and procedures.This will include:
- On a daily basis, recording payables for distribution centres efficiently and accurately, ensuring that vendors are paid on time and discounts taken according to company policy.
- Performing 3 way matches on vendor invoices, ensuring p.o./packing slip and invoice match within in determined thresholds, and are properly authorized when there are exceptions.
- Reviewing vendor statements and reconciling vendor accounts for distribution centres and retread plants as necessary, with subsequent investigation and follow-up to get resolution
- Investigating and resolving exception reporting on a monthly basis, especially ensuring that all items that are received are paid within terms
- Reviewing AP sub-ledger monthly, ensuring that it ties to the GL and that credits are being taken on a regular basis.
- Reviewing outstanding AP items from Goodyear reconciliation to ensure all invoices are entered in a timely fashion.
- On a weekly basis, reviewing the accrued purchases account with investigation to ensure corrective action is taken as necessary.
- Providing a monthly report on the outstanding items on the accrued purchase report that includes the date the items clear and/or any extenuating circumstances that need to be resolved for the next reporting period.
- Following established internal control procedures.
- Performing related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying as required.
- Responding to Fountain Tire Associates, Auditors, Vendors with inquiries and duties as requested.
- College Diploma with a major in Accounting and one year of experience in an office setting; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) software.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with various levels within an organization; this includes excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to effectively manage multiple priorities and competing demands within tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment as well as individually.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to accurately enter data.
What Do We Offer?
- Challenging and interesting work in a unique work environment.
- Competitive market wages.
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family.
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization.
- Support in developing, learning and sharing knowledge, including subsidized education and promotional opportunities.
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle.
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.