||Pay and Benefits Specialist 1 (Edmonton Location)
We are Growing!
Fountain Tire Ltd. has an exciting new position for a Pay and Benefits Specialist I located in our Edmonton Corporate Office.
With over 50 years in the tire and mechanical service industry, Fountain Tire is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's "50 Best Managed Companies". Our pride extends to being one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards.
Our vision - to be the best tire dealer in Canada - is reflected in all facets of our business. We are committed to attracting and retaining talented people who want to be a part of achieving this vision.
Pay and Benefits Specialist:
As an important member of the payroll team, the successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Processing multi-provincial hourly/salary bi-weekly payroll in an accurate and timely manner and according to company policy and procedures.
- Responding to a variety of queries from store locations, associates and government agencies.
- Processing new hires, terminations, transfers, and leaves.
- Processing bonus payments, employee deductions, advances, payouts, etc.
- Preparing manual cheque requisitions as required.
- Assisting with Benefit Administration; setting up and terminating employees for Group Benefits and RRSP program.
- Preparing Records of Employment.
- Reviewing and auditing payroll reporting and distribution.
- Updating and maintaining associate data in ADP and DAX as submitted.
- Completing year-end balancing, remitting, reporting and T slip issuance.
- Filing of payroll related documents including setting up new employee files.
What does it take to get on track?
- 1-2 years experience in a payroll environment is required. Large payroll (500+) experience would be preferred.
- Completion of or working towards the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certificate.
- Experience with ADP (PCPW) and Report Smith is an asset; experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX would also be an asset.
- Working knowledge of various provincial legislation, employment standards, human rights and government sponsored benefits programs.
- Ability to process payroll with a high level of accuracy and an attention to detail.
- Adaptability, excitement about working in an expanding business with evolving payroll needs
- Proven ability to work as a team member by developing and maintaining effective relationships with internal managers/associates and external vendors; this includes a customer service focus with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to effectively manage numerous payrolls and inquiries in a high volume, deadline driven, fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in order to identify problems, resolve issues and evaluate possible solutions.
- Strong computer and reporting skills with an advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Demonstrated professionalism when dealing with confidential and sensitive associate information.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive market wages.
- Comprehensive benefit programs for you and your family.
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization.
- Support in developing, learning and sharing knowledge.
- Opportunity to be creative and innovative in your role
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle.
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations.