||Safety Specialist (Edmonton Location)
We are Growing! Fountain Tire Ltd. has an exciting new position for a Safety Specialist located in our Edmonton Corporate Office.
With over 50 years in the tire and mechanical service industry, Fountain Tire is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's "50 Best Managed Companies". Our pride extends to being one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards.
Our vision - to be the best tire dealer in Canada - is reflected in all facets of our business. We are committed to attracting and retaining talented people who want to be a part of achieving this vision.
The general objective of the Safety Specialist’s role is to enhance and support the ongoing development of the Safety Excellence program for all Fountain Tire business units. To achieve this objective, the Safety Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- In partnership with the Manager, Safety and the Operations team, develop and implement a sustainable plan to integrate the program of Safety as a way of business and a proven process at all locations.
- Conduct annual internal audits. Coach store managers regarding the COR process. Ensure both internal and external annual audit processes are completed with integrity and on time.
- Lead the Safety recognition programs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with certifying partners, auditors and provincial boards. Complete required reporting. Deliver effective communications.
- Build relationships with stores, mine services, retread plants, and distribution centers through site visits and telephone calls. Promote collaboration toward innovative programs and resources to continually enhance Safety.
- Actively participate in the delivery of Safety training and program review at various locations and functions.
- Assist with the investigation of Safety related incidents as required, liaise with respective provincial OH&S, and conclude all reports.
- Analyze need and determine specifications for Safety resources such as protective safety equipment, materials, and gear. Promote and communicate benefits and access to resources.
- Assemble and maintain Safety data for program access, analysis, audits, and trend reporting, and develop ongoing strategies to pro-actively address.
- Participate as a subject matter expert within a team environment of Safety professionals.
- Develop and promote a work environment that is safe, collaborative and respectful.
- Partner with the Learning & Development Team to develop Safety program learning content and delivery that is accessible and measurable, and that is kept current with legislative requirements.
To succeed in this role, the following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in a relevant discipline, and a minimum of 2 years in a hands-on, frontline Safety environment. A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Certified Auditor status a considerable asset
- Familiarity with procedures for site safety, regulations, emergency procedures and WCB requirements in the assigned territory
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry-specific safety programs
- Strong analytical & decision-making abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach
- Ability to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Proven experience in the effective coordination of projects from inception through implementation, including maintenance of appropriate documentation
- Outstanding interpersonal, consulting, and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing for diverse audiences
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Canada
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.