||HR Advisor- Recruiting (Head Office Location)
We are growing! Fountain Tire Ltd. has an exciting new position for a Human Resources Advisor- Recruiting located in our Edmonton Corporate Office.
With over 50 years in the tire and mechanical service industry, Fountain Tire is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's "50 Best Managed Companies". Our pride extends to being one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards.
Our vision - to be the best tire dealer in Canada - is reflected in all facets of our business. We are committed to attracting and retaining talented people who want to be a part of achieving this vision. The Human Resources team provides coaching and tools to implement effective people management practices to a network of 150 stores throughout Western and Central Canada.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be creative and innovative in your role.
- Competitive market wages
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family.
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization.
- Support in developing, learning and sharing knowledge.
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle.
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations.
HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR-RECRUITING
As an important member of the Human Resources team, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and coaching on resources that lead to the attraction, selection, hiring and on-boarding of high quality Fountain Tire Associates for all Fountain Tire business units. This will include:
- Train, advise and coach hiring managers on the recruiting process and related resources.
- Advise managers on the creation of new roles, including developing business cases and detailing position profiles.
- Develop and maintain cost-effective short-term staffing strategies and associated relationships.
- Create and maintain recruitment metrics and reports
- Establish and maintain beneficial relationships with vendors to support the required recruitment processes and tools, including on-line recruiting, foreign recruiting, employment branding and candidate screening.
- Establish and maintain relationships with educational institutions that further recruitment and retention goals.
- Some of the initial projects identified for development, implementation and coaching include effective and impactful recruitment advertising and branding, processes supporting on-boarding of new employees, and profiling tools for both positions and candidates
While Recruitment will be the definite area of focus, more general HR duties will also be assigned, including:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and coaching on resources that support Succession Planning and other Workforce Planning initiatives.
- Providing back-up support to all managers regarding Employee Relations, Total Compensation and Performance Management.
- Providing educational sessions to managers and associates on HR-related topics.
- Supporting the implementation of annual HR processes including 360 reviews, merit adjustments, AIM training, etc.
- Preparing reports on HR-related data from DAX and ADP.
What does it take to succeed?
- Completion of diploma in Human Resources Management; CHRP certification (or commitment to obtaining) is desired
- 2+ years of experience in human resources, including recruitment experience
- Solid understanding of effective recruiting practices, including behavior-based interviewing techniques and implementing social media-based recruiting strategies
- Working knowledge of employment-related legislation Canada-wide
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective coaching
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve ambitious goals
- Customer-service orientation
- Ability to sell ideas in a collaborative environment
- Ability to lead projects from initial conception through to implementation