||Automotive Technician (Campbell River Location)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
Here’s who we’re looking for. Does this sound like you?
- Reliable, motivated and driven to deliver quality workmanship and a superior customer experience.
- Continuously looking to learn and use new skills.
- Value a strong team-based workplace.
- Flexible, patient, and calm when working with tight schedules.
- Focused on meeting goals and targets.
Your duties will include:
- Diagnose, repair and complete approved service on customer vehicles as described in work orders and the mechanical inspection form using computerized diagnostic equipment and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate vehicle problems.
- Advise customers and Associates on work performed, general vehicle condition, and future repair requirements
- Maintain mechanical service equipment on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Operate company and customer vehicles in a clean and safe manner; use proper barriers to maintain vehicle cleanliness, and ensure equipment and loads in company vehicles are safely secured for transportation.
- Support customer relationships by responding to customer inquiries.
What does it take to get on track?
- Completion of a four-year automotive service technician apprenticeship program. Interprovincial Red Seal Certification would be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of automotive industry and skills required to provide mechanical service to our customers.
- Commitment to providing a superior customer experience.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation for safe work environment and completion of WHIMIS and other safety courses provided by Fountain Tire.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract from province of residence on an annual basis.
- Basic computer skills to successfully complete required learning and safety courses and achieve certification where required.
- Ability to consistently lift 25 kilograms.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.
Whether you are looking to join Fountain Tire on the technical side of the business in the shop—Tire Technician, Automotive or Heavy Duty Technician—or the highly interactive customer facing roles at the front counter—Inside or Outside Sales Representative—both sides of the business are equally important and both can lead to bigger opportunities!