||Administrative Assistant, Credit & Billing (Kamloops Location)
Fountain Tire Ltd. has an exciting new position for an Administrative Assistant- Credit and Billing located in our Kamloops Mine Services facility.
The Fountain Mine Service division of Fountain Tire provides on site service and support to the mining and heavy construction industries in Western and Northern Canada. Our mission statement is “Lower our client’s tire operating costs through sustainable tire performance improvements and improved practices.” Based in Kamloops BC, Fountain Tire Mine Service includes tire management, engineers, service specialists, manufacturer’s representatives and administrative personnel joined in a focused cohesive team dedicated to delivering this mission and providing superior product performance to these specialized industries.
Administrative Assistant – Credit and Billing
As an important member of the Mine Services administrative team, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for accurately maintaining Mine Services accounts receivables in order to process invoices efficiently, mitigate Fountain Tire Mine Service credit risk and decrease overdue account receivables. This will include:
- Ensuring the past due balances on customer accounts are collected by calling accounts when balances are15 days past due.
- Ensuring that the number of accounts with balances at 120+ days past due does not exceed ½ of 1% of total accounts.
- Working jointly with Fountain Tire Credit Manager & Team to manage and maintain credit limits established with clients.
- Imposing temporary suspension of credit privileges and advising all impacted parties as necessary.
- Reconciling daily end-of-day receipts and prepare bank deposits.
- Preparing invoices for clients on a timely basis.
- Preparing invoice documentation for proper liens to be enacted by Fountain Tire Credit Department.
- Processing any credit memos.
- Liaising with clients and associates for purposes of the billing cycle
- Assisting other team members as required.
- Participate in the review, and recommendations of credit granting, collection and accounts receivable (cash application) best practices in conjunction with Fountain Tire Credit Manager and Team.
What does it take to succeed?
- A minimum of 2 years of Accounts Receivable and Credit experience; prior experience with commercial collections is an assetWorking knowledge of credit best practices.
- High School Diploma required; Formal basic accounting training at a post-secondary level is an asset.
- Working towards or completion of Credit Basics and National Collectors Program is an asset; must be willing to complete this course of study.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) software.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers; includes excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills as well as a “do it right the first time” approach.
- Prompt, reliable, and ability to pay keen attention to detail.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive market wages
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family.
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization.
- Support in developing, learning and sharing knowledge.
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle.
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations.