||Credit Associate (Edmonton Location)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
As a nationally recognized tire dealer in Canada, Fountain Tire offers a wide range of car, truck, and trailer tires, as well as complete automotive services, for any make and model of vehicle. First started in 1956 in Wainwright, Alberta, by Bill Fountain, Fountain Tire expertly combines key factors such as experienced owners, licensed automotive technicians, and quality products to form a company driven to serve. Today, it has over 140 stores spanning as far west as Victoria, British Columbia and as far east as Thunder Bay, Ontario.
As an important member of the Credit team, the Credit Associate, located in our Edmonton Head Office, will work closely with the Credit Manager and other associates on the Credit team to ensure Fountain Tire's account receivables are accurately maintained, to mitigate credit risk and to reduce overdue account receivables. Note this job requires a minimum of 2 years experience in doing high volume collections.
- Credit granting and collections of commercial account portfolio
- Monitoring credit limits
- Assigning accounts to third party collection agencies as directed
- Responding to store enquiries and emailing invoices to key accounts
- Providing missing invoices copies to customers as required.
- Liaising with external customers and stores on disputed balances
- Ensuring the past due balances are collected and that collection activities are recorded
- Competitive market wages.
- Comprehensive benefit programs for you and your family.
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization.
- Support in developing, learning and sharing knowledge.
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle.
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations.
- High School Diploma,
- Completion of national collections and Credit Basics courses
- 2 years related experience doing high volume collections and credit granting within a limited time frame.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered however high volume collection experience is critical.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.