||Apprenticeship Heavy Duty Technician (3rd/4th Year) (Drayton Valley Location)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
Here’s who we’re looking for. Does this sound like you?
- Reliable, motivated and driven to deliver quality workmanship and a superior customer experience.
- Continuously looking to learn and use new skills.
- Value a strong team-based workplace.
- Flexible, patient, and calm when working with tight schedules.
- Focused on meeting goals and targets.
Your duties will include:
- To locate the cause of the faulty operation and repair using:
- Test equipment, vehicle test drives, reference to manufacturers’ specification and manuals
- Disassembly of faulty assemblies, repair, replace worn or damaged parts
- Reassembly, adjustment and test of repaired mechanism
- To perform scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications and tune-ups
- To ensure all equipment used in the Service Department is in good repair, ensuring the equipment undergoes regular documented maintenance.
- To ensure the best service is provided to our client/customer.
What does it take to get on track?
- Three to five (3-5) years of work experience in the Mechanical area of the Commercial Vehicle Service Industry or related Industrial experience.
- Excellent driving record. Valid Driver’s License, with a satisfactory Drivers Abstract from province of residence.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Successful completion of Work Place Material Information System (WHMIS) Training.
- Licensed Heavy Duty Technician or enrolled in a Registered Apprenticeship Program.
- Must participate in annual continuing education to upgrade knowledge in order to carry out responsibilities/duties.
- Ability to lift 25 kilograms.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.
Whether you are looking to join Fountain Tire on the technical side of the business in the shop—Tire Technician, Automotive or Heavy Duty Technician—or the highly interactive customer facing roles at the front counter—Inside or Outside Sales Representative—both sides of the business are equally important and both can lead to bigger opportunities!