||Marketing Product Manager (Edmonton Location)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
As an important member of the Marketing team, the Marketing Product Manager, located in our Edmonton Head Office, will be responsible for researching and developing a best in class Product Assortment plan to optimize overall category performance and improve the satisfaction of our customer relationships. To do so, the Marketing Product Manager will:
- Lead performance-driven Product Management Planning and process improvement.
- Develop, maintain, and execute an annual Product Assortment Plan that will achieve annual sales and margin objectives; this will include determining and maintaining the core product & price screen for the assigned categories.
- Research market and sales data to understand how our products and sales are performing and why. Become a trusted and insightful advisor regarding possible improvements in the category.
- Generate and share business analytics with Sales, Marketing and Stores that can be acted on to improve overall performance.
- Research, develop, and implement effective product and vendor management programs.
- Stay abreast of the competition and make adjustments as required based on competitive information.
- Lead Product Lifecycle Planning. Work with suppliers to learn and share product feature details and launch new products to the organization. Help train sales force and customers on key features for each new product release.
- Provide stores and sales teams with relevant performance data. Review and help create marketing materials such as sell sheets, point-of-sale materials and online product features that further sales goals.
- Manage online tools and content that relate to product display & merchandising, pricing, and promotions.
- Competitive market wages.
- Comprehensive benefit programs for you and your family.
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization.
- Support in developing, learning and sharing knowledge.
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle.
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations.
- Bachelor degree in a related field and 5 to 7 years of marketing and/or retail experience.
- Experience in a lead role.
- Working knowledge of Marketing concepts with an emphasis on Product and Pricing Management
- Ability to propose, refine and sell ideas/programs to leaders within the company (e.g., store managers, operations team)
- Well-developed analytical, critical thinking, and negotiation skills
- Strong organization and time management skills to be able to handle multiple priorities with competing demands
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members, associates and suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively to various audiences
- Demonstrated initiative in understanding product category requirements/customer needs and in taking action on opportunities for improvement and efficiency
- An attitude that encourages a safe, collaborative work environment
- Ability to accommodate travel 5-10% per year