||Manager, Credit (Edmonton Location)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
With over 50 years of experience in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! Our longstanding success is because of the people that have chosen a career with us.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager, Credit is responsible for leading a team in the provision of comprehensive Credit and Accounts Receivable services to all Fountain Tire operating segments.
- Provide effective leadership to team members through performance management, coaching and daily mentorship;
- Develop staff to achieve success, ensuring they possess the necessary training and skills;
- Develop and foster positive working relationships with all internal and external customers, ensuring the services provided reflect positively on the Fountain Tire Program;
- Participate in the new store start up process, ensuring the appropriate Credit and Accounts Receivable services are in place, in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Conduct presentations on various Credit and Accounts Receivable topics at events such as the Manager and Assistant Manager meetings, zone meetings and Advancement in Management (AIM) training sessions;
- Participate in the annual budget process, providing projections and cost analysis; and
- Develop and execute effective initiatives that support Fountain Tire’s strategic plan in the four perspectives of growth, customer, program and leadership, with measurable and reportable results.
- Proactively manage credit processes for Fountain Tire operating segments on a timely basis, to ensure appropriate steps are taken, required documentation is complete, and applicable reports are generated, reviewed, and the necessary follow up actions are taken.
- Advise Store Managers in the establishment of appropriate customer credit limits through comprehensive credit risk analysis.
- Source and build external credit partnerships that support Fountain Tire’s operations.
- Oversee the third party credit insurance program, and analyze credit card fees.
Accounts Receivable Services
- Ensure that accurate customer statements are generated on a timely basis and distributed for products and services purchased on account, which includes interest charges for overdue accounts.
- Ensure that the aged accounts receivable trial balance is generated on a timely basis for each month end, and that staff are well trained and actively follow up on overdue accounts, and escalate those accounts that appear to be uncollectible to the appropriate segment Manager for discussion and determination of the actions to be taken.
- Actively participate in reconciling the A/R Subledger to the General Ledger.
- Engage in proactive cash collections, and closely monitor customer receivables and related credit exposures.
- Resolve payment disputes, billing issues and unapplied credits in a timely manner.
- Lead the achievement of annual Accounts Receivable benchmark measures. Analyze and report actual results in comparison to the measures to the CFO.
- Actively participate in calculating and recommending the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts estimate during the year for the monthly financial statements, and for the annual audited financial statements.
- Proactively lead the review and recommendation of changes in business process as required, to ensure that Credit and Accounts Receivable processes are current, effective, documented, accessible, and optimize the use of technology.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement and maintenance of the enterprise information systems related to the Credit and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Proactively identify projects for consideration as part of the annual budget cycle, focused on improving business processes, reducing complexity, increasing standardization or having other tangible benefits, and for approved projects, play a leadership role in the project team in achieving effective implementation.
- Lead the research, analysis and reporting on credit and collections information that supports Fountain Tire in making informed decisions.
- Certified Credit Professional (CCP) designation is required. Accounting degree, diploma, certificate, or enrolment in a professional accounting program would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership role in the Credit department of a large company.
- Comprehensive knowledge and expertise in Credit and Accounts Receivable services, practices, trends, and program initiatives.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication, consultation, and coaching skills.
- A positive, “can-do” and solutions oriented attitude, and an approach to challenging situations that reflects positively on the Fountain Tire brand.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks, issues or projects on a priority basis.
- Strong analytical, planning and decision-making abilities, including the ability to recognize emerging issues in credit applications or collections, and to proactively intervene at an early stage before issues increase in magnitude.
- Superior writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Microsoft AX (DAX) enterprise systems.
- Proven experience in the coordination of projects from inception through implementation, including preparation of appropriate documentation.
- Ability to travel to Store locations.
At Fountain Tire, you’d have a great place to work—competitive compensation, a manager with a large support network, and the chance to learn and grow.