||Accounting Manager (Head Office)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and get some traction with Fountain Tire!
Fountain Tire Ltd. is searching for a Manager, Accounting located in our Edmonton Corporate Office.
Do you have a sense of humor, passion for leading others and thrive on team work and a professional accounting designation? We want you!
Reporting to the Controller, Program, the Manager, Accounting (Inventory) is responsible for leading a team in the provision of comprehensive, accurate and timely financial reporting to our extensive network of stores- essentially, to 150 unique small businesses. The accounting services provided by the team include all activities associated with monthly and quarterly consolidated reporting.
The Manager, Accounting (Inventory) has the following key accountabilities:
- Provide leadership to the team through performance management, daily mentorship and skill development.
- Conduct monthly reviews to ensure key quality parameters (accuracy, timeliness, customer service, process compliance) are consistently met.
- Develop and maintain relevant store operations performance metrics as well as efficient methodologies for data collection, reporting and analysis to support these metrics.
- Regularly monitor and assess the effectiveness of all transactional processes and internal controls required to support delivery and reporting of accurate financial results; initiate and implement changes where necessary.
- Develop and maintain inventory count and accounting processes and ensure alignment of policies and procedures with best practices. Manage the stores annual inventory count including preparation of the documentation and training necessary to support the process.
- Manage the documentation, recording and completion of share transactions, new store start-ups and closures for assigned stores.
- Manage compliance with query management and communication policies.
- Manage the implementation of new or revised accounting practices, procedures and reporting.
To succeed in this role, we are seeking a candidate with the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- A professional accounting designation coupled with 5 years of related experience
- At least 2 years of leadership experience and an energy for leading a team
- Strong working knowledge of financial statement preparation, corporate taxes, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proven ability to both lead and work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing efficiencies and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to work with a variety of people in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail in order to research and escalate issues.
- Solid organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Strong computer and reporting skills with an advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Word. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX would be considered a definite asset.
Why work for Fountain Tire Ltd.?
- We are one of Canada’s "50 Best Managed Companies" for 10 years in a row.
- We are one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards.
- We continually strive to expand our operations in existing markets, as well as new markets. Currently, we have 150 stores across Western Canada, with plans to expand further.
Our vision - to be the best tire dealer in Canada - is reflected in all facets of our business. We are committed to attracting and retaining talented people who want to be a part of achieving this vision.