Are you interested in this career opportunity with Fountain Tire? Click on Apply Now! and you will be walked through the application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please click Tell a Friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Service Manager (Lethbridge Location)
Career wheels spinning but getting nowhere? Put yourself in the driver’s seat and take off with Fountain Tire! We’re growing and looking for experienced Service Managers to join our store management team.
We’re growing and looking for experienced Service Managers to join our team. With over 50 years in the tire and mechanical service industry, we know what we’re doing and we do it well! We truly believe that this is because of the passionate people who have chosen to pursue a career with us.
Your duties will include:
- To ensure all product is billed, ensuring documentation for completed service work is processed
- To ensure all equipment used in the Service Department is in good repair, ensuring the equipment undergoes regular documented maintenance.
- To develop a good relationship with local organizations, schools, colleges and business partners
- To provide customer interaction, ensuring customer satisfaction services provided and the final sale.
- To provide the customer with the best mechanical service available when maintaining the interests of Fountain Tire.
- To ensure every client/customer leaves satisfied, processing requests in a timely manner. To maintain client base.
- To assign and supervise mechanical work, ensuring that the flow of work is managed carefully, examining and re-organizing work flow as needed
- To ensure all equipment and tools used in the Department are in good repair this includes responsibility to ensure the equipment and tools undergo regular documented maintenance routines
What does it take to get on track?
- Three to five (3-5) years of work experience in the Mechanical area of the Automotive Industry or related Industrial experience.
- Excellent driving record. Valid Driver’s License, with a satisfactory Drivers Abstract from province of residence.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with little supervision.
- Working knowledge of electricity, electronic and computers would be an asset.
- Licensed Technician or enrolled in a Registered Apprenticeship Program.
- Ability to lift 25 kilograms.
We offer a competitive total compensation package, advanced learning and development opportunities, and relocation, and we truly CARE about our people.