||Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||Inter. QA Engineer (CARD)
||CARD Int QA Consolidate F
As a fast growing successful organization, Fortinet Technologies now invites several Intermediate QA Engineers to join our team. These positions offer variety and direct involvement with complex, innovative technology; as well as the opportunity to work with a close knit team of experienced and talented QA and software engineers.
If you enjoy being involved in the entire development lifecycle of complex software, naturally take ownership in projects, comfortably interface with cross-functional departments, and have a fierce desire to learn, you’ll find that Fortinet has a platform to support your professional success.
In these roles, you will get to demonstrate your experience in software testing, regression testing and in-depth knowledge of Internet Protocols. This is a great opportunity to play a fundamental role in the integrity testing of our Fortinet products and to develop your knowledge in the area of verification of diverse software systems for vulnerabilities and compliance management applications.
The following job responsibilities are examples of daily activities:
- Perform integrity testing on the various Fortinet products.
- Maintain and improve system team testing environments using virtual machines and automate the testing.
- Maintain, and execute test specifications and test cases.
- Maintain and improve system team testing environments which have dynamic routing, IPV6, VPN and trunking, linux and windows servers.
- Develop, maintain and execute tools and scripts using shell, TCL or other languages.
- Identify, document and track software defects found during testing.
- Continuous review and improvements of testing process and implementation.
- Execute development testing on Fortinet products using a combination of manual and auto testing techniques
- Help developer setting up testing network environment and/or reproduce customers issues.
- Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed.
Job Skills Required
- 3 to 5 years of software testing experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, IPv6, switching, IPSec/SSLVPN, Ethereal and packet sniffers.
- Extensive understanding of firewalls, VPN, and routing.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and various Unix/Linux platforms.
- Familiar with system installations, configurations, patchings, and troubleshooting.
- Script/test automation knowledge, Windows batch programming and/or perl or other Unix shell scripts.
- Knowledge of Windows server configuration and setup.
- Experience with vulnerability assessments and other security technologies is an asset.
The ideal candidate is a team player who has excellent time management skills, communication skills, and great problem solving skills.
A degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field.