Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||United States [US]
||Sr. Principle Mechanical Engineer (AMRD317)
||Full Time Regular
The Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer will help identify performance, cost, and reliability improvements. The successful candidate will have both the technical depth to resolve complex mechanical, materials and manufacturing design issues and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team to troubleshoot to root cause higher level system issues. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required as well as a commitment to high product quality.
- Define system & board circuit specification, design and verification - Lead management ODM/OEM project - Manufacturability Experience including DFM and DFT process - Schematic capture and layout tools: Prefer Orcad and Allegro - Lead supervising PCB layout, fab & assembly - High-speed design and bring up experience
- Power and analog experience: Familiar with discrete switching/Linear regulators, and DC-DC converters
- Lead supporting operation with existing products
- Conceptualize, plan and implement a new product design chassis and packaging
- 10+ years chassis design experience including sheet metal, heat-sink, power supplies and fan trays.
- Ability to bring concept design through production from Enterprise products to high-volume SMB products.
- Familiar with thermal simulation and working knowledge on electronics components on PCBA.
- Experience with design validation, industrial and regulatory process such as MDVT, EMI, and Safety.
- Experience with DFM and drive cost reduction from system to component level.
- Working knowledge on SolidWork 3D and AutoCAD 2D. Pro-E is a plus.
- Good communications between teams and vendors.
- Highly motivated, positive, detail oriented and responsible.
BSME is required, MSME is preferred.