Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Project Manager (CAOP136)
||Full Time Regular
In this role, you will work directly with Fortinet’s R&D teams to coordinate new product development, manage product life cycle from product initiative to mass production, support sales demands, operation order fulfillments, and cost reduction activities to ensure Fortinet provides best price/performance products to customers. The position encompasses both project and product management skills covering of a wide range of the Fortinet product portfolio.
- Coordinating with design teams (hardware & software) and manage contract manufactures to keep NPI projects launch on time.
- Keep track of project status and provide periodical status reports/trackers from cross functional team like NPI project milestones update, bug status, BOM cost analysis, key components , shipping schedule …etc.
- Working with key suppliers to get best price, lead time and pull in material to meet the schedule required.
- Documentation, review and control – ensure quality of writing for all project documents and product repository.
- Conducting conference calls as regular basis with contract manufactures and internal cross functional teams to review /track NPI status and critical tasks assigned.
- Analysis of components in design as well as BOM cost, quoting proposal, quality index, supplier performance and production forecast/ build plan.
- Working with design teams to manage design change, implement and track during product life cycle.
- Working under the guidance and supervision of the Project Manager.
- General Admin (Supplies, communications, etc.).
Job Skills Required:
- 6+ years of Project Management Experience in a Hi-Tech Environment.
- Experience with hardware project scheduling, budgeting, change orders, cost down.
- Experience of working in hardware manufacturing is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong professional presence and a proven ability to interface with various levels of management.
- Comfortable working in a team environment as well as individually, internally and with external suppliers.
- Strong Planning, project management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Strong documentation capability and office software skills like excel, outlook , word and html editing.
- Attitude and willingness to get things done for assigned tasks.
Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline, MBA is a plus.