Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||United States [US]
||Technical Writer AMRD293
||Full Time Regular
As an IT Technical Writer, you are responsible for creating, editing, updating and managing our extensive collection of technical documentation for our US developed R&D products. This is an opportunity to write marketing materials and/or other product collaterals as needed. You must have excellent research skills, the ability to clearly and accurately organize your ideas, and the ability to articulate common technical terms and concepts into text and graphics that different levels of users can understand.
- Develop and maintain user documentation for both customers and employees.
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with internal stakeholders.
- Complete documents according to our published guides for style, clarity, accuracy, conciseness and terminology.
- Work with developers to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be published.
- Review published material and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format and content.
- Create or modify drawings, illustrations, charts and diagrams to illustrate written material.
- Review competitive products and documentation to further improve our documentation and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to learn our products quickly and accurately via hands-on experience
- Minimum of 3 years in a technical writing role.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in the following tools: Adobe Framemaker, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator. Experience with online help creation software a definite asset.
- Above-average knowledge of IP networking fundamentals. Previous training from Fortinet and as a CCNA or some MCP/MCSE training would be very advantageous in this role.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to be flexible and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated individual with solid technical acumen and the ability to grasp complex software and hardware quickly.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work on-schedule and meet all milestones (both self-created and by Manager).
- Graphic design and creation skills and asset.
- Video creating and editng skills and asset.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field would be an asset (Computer Science, Engineering, English, etc.), but not necessary with demonstrated skills, experience and knowledge (especially with the above-mentioned IP networking fundamentals).