Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||Int / Sr. Technical Writer (CARD729)
As an IT-based technical writer, you are responsible for creating, updating and managing our extensive collection of technical documentation. The successful candidate must have exceptional research skills, the ability to clearly and accurately organize ideas, and be able to articulate technical concepts into text and graphics that users of all levels can understand.
The ideal candidate would have a proven track record in project management, team leadership, and possesses a strong passion in what they do – they are someone who will go the “extra mile” when needed.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to be a key player in a small but dynamic team and has a desire to expand their role into a team lead or management role once they have proven their abilities.
- Develop and maintain installation manuals, administration and configuration documents, how-to guides, release notes and online help files for both customers and employees.
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with internal stakeholders.
- As a critical part of the Product Management team, you must be able to learn our products quickly and accurately via hands-on experience.
- Complete documents according to our published guides for style, clarity, accuracy, conciseness and terminology.
- Work with developers and other writers to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be published.
- Review published material and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format and content.
- Create or modify drawings, illustrations, charts and diagrams to illustrate written material.
- Review competitive products and documentation to further improve our documentation and processes.
- Experience with mobile application documentation would be of benefit.
Job Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years in a technical writing role.
- Experience authoring documents using Adobe FrameMaker and InDesign are critical.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in the following tools: Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Visio (or OmniGraffle if a Mac user). Experience with online help creation software a definite asset.
- Candidate should possess experience documenting networking concepts, such as routing and security networking protocols.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated individual with solid technical acumen and the ability to grasp complex software and hardware quickly.
- Experience working with team-members of varied ethnic backgrounds and working with teams in geographically-diverse locations.
- Experience with electronic publishing, especially on the forefront of new technologies (such as iBooks Authoring) would be an advantage to a candidate.
- A hard-copy portfolio is required, as well as a software skills test and written evaluation.
A Bachelor's Degree in a related field would be an asset (Computer Science, Engineering, English, etc.), but not necessary with demonstrated skills, experience and knowledge (especially with the above-mentioned software tools).