Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) helps protect networks, users and data from continually evolving threats. As a global leader in high-performance network security and a market leader in unified threat management (UTM), we enable businesses and governments to consolidate and integrate stand-alone technologies without suffering performance penalties. Unlike costly, inflexible and low-performance alternatives, Fortinet solutions empower customers to embrace new technologies and business opportunities while protecting essential systems and content. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with offices around the world. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a challenging and rewarding environment for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team. Learn more at www.fortinet.com.
||New York [NY]
||United States [US]
||Systems Engineer 3 (Carrier-US West)
||Full Time Regular
Fortinet is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer to work closely with a sales representative in the US Carrier and Service Provider sales organization. The Systems Engineer's main mission will be to support the sales organization in all technical matters regarding pre-sales, sales calls, and post-sales.
- Assist in qualifying sales leads from a technical standpoint.
- Be the main technical resource on sales calls
- Answer / educate the customer on issues ranging from features, specifications and functionality to integration.
- Conduct power point technical presentations on site, or via webex.
- Provide support for evaluations and PoC
- Conversant with networking applications and solutions.
- Be the lead technical contact for identified accounts for technical issues
- Work closely with the technical support team and engineering to answer, escalate, and resolve customer's technical issues.
- Provide assistance to identified customers with post-sales training.
Job Skills Required
- 3 - 5 years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a sales or systems engineer
- 5 - 7 years experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration, Network Security
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Firewall concepts
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Intrusion Detection, Anti Virus, Web Filtering.
- Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES, BGP, OSPF, STP/MSTP, HTTP, JSON, LDAP
- Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Self motivated team player
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in computing