Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) helps protect networks, users and data from continually evolving threats. As a global leader in high-performance network security and a market leader in unified threat management (UTM), we enable businesses and governments to consolidate and integrate stand-alone technologies without suffering performance penalties. Unlike costly, inflexible and low-performance alternatives, Fortinet solutions empower customers to embrace new technologies and business opportunities while protecting essential systems and content. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with offices around the world. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a challenging and rewarding environment for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team. Learn more at www.fortinet.com.
||United States [US]
||Principal Software Development Engineer
||Full Time Regular
- Develop and maintain software components on current and future products.
- Responsible for the development of the networking related features of the FortiSwitch product line.
- Hands on in bug fixing current products.
- Implement software features of high quality and on schedule.
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Experience in implementing L2/L3 features such as STP, RSTP, RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, LACP, LLDP, TRILL 803.1X, QOS, Private VLAN, Openflow, Open vSwitch.
- Understanding of workings of Broadcom/Marvell switching ASICs in an Ethernet switch/router.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Networking related embedded software development.
- Strong C/C++ experience in Unix/Linux environment is essential.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, switching and routing
- Experience with multi process/thread programming.
- Familiar with system installations, configurations, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of scripting languages: Shell, Ruby, Python a plus.
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies as well as software development fundamentals.
- Experience with firewalls and embedded systems are a plus.
- Experience with Linux kernel and driver development is plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; M.S. preferred.