Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Senior Project Manager (CARD742)
||Full Time Regular
We are looking for a versatile project manager with strong quality management experience to drive quality improvement projects and satisfy internal and external customers. The candidate must be enthusiastic to improve engineering process and quality to contribute to productivity and quality goals. Proven capability on working with teams and deliver results is important to us. The candidate also needs to have proven track record for leading the effort for a successful ISO 9001 audit.
The position is based in Burnaby, BC.
- Identify quality issues, conduct root cause analysis, define feasible and meaningful goals and drive corrective actions for results with fast and visible returns. The quality initiative will have to make sense to the business as a whole.
- Create and maintain concise and meaningful quality metrics dashboards, monitor and adjust them as situation changes. Report to executive teams on a weekly basis on the quality status.
- Managing key quality improvement projects, track them closely till they are properly completed. Example of quality projects can include, but not limited to: reducing RMA rate (HW), reducing post-release software defects (SW) etc.
- Proactively initiate and execute new ideas to improve products and processes quality. Ensure ISO-9001 compliance. Perform internal audit as necessary.
- Lead the effort for successful annual ISO 9001 certification audit.
- Work with tools development team to improve usability and data accuracy of product record database tool so that it can become a powerful tool for quality management. Willingly perform data mining and follow up with both in-house design team and off-shore OEM partner/supplier in order to complete root cause analysis in situations where quality data are not readily available.
- Participate in other strategic projects within PMO which may include product creation project management and escalation management.
Job Skills Required
- 10+ years of professional experience in IT or related industry, including 5+ years project management experience with continuous process and quality improvement focus.
- Solid background in software engineering practice in the meantime grasps a good understanding of hardware design and manufacturing process.
- ISO audit experience is preferred
- Hands on experience in creating quality metrics.
- A professional attitude and fastidious attention to detail.
- Self-managing and able to successfully handle simultaneous projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a close team environment with minimal guidance.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Comp. Science, Engineering or other relevant technical field, or equivalent combination of work experience and education