Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Web Application Programmer (CARD698)
||Full Time Regular
This position will be within Fortinet’s Web GUI team. This year, we have a huge undertaking where we will be switching our GUI development framework to Python in Django. As Fortinet’s market share continues to grow we are expanding our Web GUI team and looking for the best talent to complement our already established team.
- Implementation and maintenance of web-based user interfaces for Fortinet products
- Understand and contribute to the UI design process
- Propose, review and revise UI layout designs
- Work closely with other teams to integrate product functionality
- Stay on top of new developments in the fields of web application and UI design
The key three factors we will be evaluating are:
- Ability – proficient knowledge and experience in web applications; ability to work efficiently to get job done on time
- Responsibility – full commitment to the products and be able to work and coordinate with other team members
- Willingness – high enthusiasm for new technologies in the field and enjoys a challenge
Job Skills Required
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming and experience using a Linux development environment
- Experience building Django web applications
- Ability to build user interfaces using modern web standards
- Design patterns knowledge an asset
- Experience using source control software (SVN, git)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Highly motivated, can work well with minimal supervision
- Understanding of networking and security concepts an asset
- A strong team player
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience