Fortinet is continuously growing and we are seeking an upbeat Intermediate Software Engineer to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to engage in the latest innovations and technologies; fostering career growth as you work alongside an experienced team of creative talent. If you enjoy taking ownership in the entire lifecycle of complex software development, then this position at Fortinet is for you!
At Fortinet, you will be challenged to demonstrate your expertise in design, development, performance tuning, and documentation. You will also be involved in research and development of technology that will enhance new and existing products.
The following job responsibilities are examples of daily activities:
• Perform software implementation of platform infrastructure and application level functionalities
• Implement new features for Network Secure OS – FortiOS
• Take part in requirement discussions and scope of work estimates
• Work closely with the hardware and quality assurance teams
• Experience with software development in a Unix/Linux environment.
• Extensive knowledge of C programming and familiarity with multi process/thread programming.
• Knowledge of processor architecture, computer systems, and networking protocols.
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with Linux kernel is plus.
• Experience with network switch technology is plus.
• Highly motivated, positive, responsible, quick learner and good team player.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering is preferred.