Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Technical Support Engineer 1 (CACS316)
||Full Time Regular
Fortinet is hiring for a Technical Support Engineer 1 for our Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) to provide exceptional customer service and technical help for our customers. You are not only technical but also energetic and passionate about working for Fortinet and supporting our products. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of our products in an innovative, fast-paced team environment, while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills in network security.
- Provide direct technical web and telephone support to Fortinet customers including:
- Basic troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products
- Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
- Collection and analysis of customer network information
- Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
- Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
- Provide customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge etc…
- Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
- Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment
- Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case until case closure.
- Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case
Job Skills Required
- At least 2+ years experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti Spam, virus scanning
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
- Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
- Strong English skills both written and verbal.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field; equivalent training and experience desirable