Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) helps protect networks, users and data from continually evolving threats. As a global leader in high-performance network security and a market leader in unified threat management (UTM), we enable businesses and governments to consolidate and integrate stand-alone technologies without suffering performance penalties. Unlike costly, inflexible and low-performance alternatives, Fortinet solutions empower customers to embrace new technologies and business opportunities while protecting essential systems and content. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with offices around the world. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a challenging and rewarding environment for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team. Learn more at www.fortinet.com.
||TAC Engineer III
||Full Time Regular
||Fortinet is looking for experienced Escalation Engineer to join our Ottawa office to provide exceptional customer service and technical help for our loyal customers. This role is an escalation point for Fortinet partners and Technical Support Engineer 1 / 2 's that require further assistance when experiencing technical issues with Fortinet products. This group of seasoned engineers will also interface with QA and Development teams to solve customer problems and identify bugs through replication and testing.
• Work closely and provide direct technical email and phone support to our customers in the America’s Region (Canada, US, Central and South America)
• Analysis of support requests; completion of requests for information and documentation
• Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
• Collection and analysis of customer network information
• Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
• Recommend actions based on analysis
• Customer education (gaps in networking, product knowledge etc…)
• Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problem
• Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment
• Follow up technical cases, escalate, and manage the right expectation until the closure of the cases
• Provide knowledge transfer to peer engineers
Job Skills Required
• At least 6-8 years experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
• Experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti Spam, virus scanning
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Deep working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
• Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable.