||Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||Principal Software Dev QA (AMRD310)
Fortinet is currently looking for an experienced Software Dev QA Engineer to join our R&D team in our headquarters in Sunnyvale. You will work with several technologies, mainly L2/L3 networking with various protocols (LACP, MPLS, STP etc.), Software Defined Networking (SDN) along with Security Devices. You will also be working on developing automated, script-based test automation systems. This is a very exciting opportunity to learn a wide range of networking technologies and further progress your career in this field.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, engineers, and developers as part of the development life cycle to produce quality software and services
- Verify, reproduce, communicate, and track defects from testing
- Participate in all phases of tests from planning, developing, executing and revising plans and scope.
- Participate in software and service releases.
Job Skills Required
- 2-3 Years experience in Telecommunications and/or networking industry
- Ability to trouble-shoot effectively and solve problems
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal teams.
- Good time management and the ability to be self-motivated.
- Previous software quality assurance experience or related experience in software development.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with the various aspects of the software quality assurance discipline such as testing methodologies (black box, white box), types of tests (Non-functional, Regression, User Acceptance), and other test topics (Scope).
- Executes functional tests using automation tools and reports results using defined process and resources
- Analyzes and identifies system defects through functional, regression, and performance testing. Experience with designing and running tests.
- Any type of scripting, especially for automating tasks.
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering