Are you a Software Engineer that is always looking for a challenge? Well, our next challenge is for you to join our Embedded Software team here at Fortinet. Reporting to a Sr. Manager, we are looking for someone who has an interest in Unix/Linux-based software development and high performance network system design. Working with a team of 10+ engineers, you will have the opportunity to work on the latest research and technology for our next generation high performance security systems that secure the customer’s network worldwide including the majority of the Fortune Global 500! This is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in all phases of the embedded software development cycle, and gain in-depth knowledge and experience working alongside some of the best and brightest software engineers in the industry.
· Design algorithm and implement software modules, including development of Linux drivers and user applications, for high speed deep packet inspection products in C language
· work with chip/hardware developers to bring up device driver, do system integration, and finish performance tuning
· Partner with QA/SE teams to analyze performance bottleneck
· Hands on in trouble shooting and bug fixing with current products under complicated network environment
· Must show ability to work as a team player
· Motivated to be a self-starter and responsible quick learner
· Proven success at Multi-tasking
· Excellent ability to problem solve is a definite must!
· 3+ Years of C experience in Unix/Linux environment
· 1+ years of hands-on debugging experience
· Good understanding of computer network architecture and TCP/IP stack
· Experience with Linux kernel and driver development is a plus
· B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; M.S. preferred
Not accepting international candidates for this role.