Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||Sunnyvale - HQ
||United States [US]
||Trade Compliance Analyst (AMGA322)
||Full Time Regular
- Administers cross-functional trade classification processes involving engineering and materials teams, to determine proper trade classifications, i.e., ECCN and HTS codes, of products and components the company distributes globally and recording these data elements in the PMDB system.
- Assures the company’s exports are compliant with country specific regulations including conducting the export authorization determination required under the EAR (Export Administration Regulations), the ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations), or FACR (Foreign Assets Control Regulations).
- Helps audit all orders to ensure compliance, and adjusts import / export processes and controls over time to ensure they are better than industry standard.
- Manages the company’s Commerce department-issued export licenses from the application until end of validity and applying for new licenses prior to expiration of existing licenses in order to prevent supply chain disruptions.
- Screens export orders against restricted/denied parties lists, and ensures record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Assures that imports of the company are compliant with all country import regulations such as HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) classification, valuation, country of origin, assists, record keeping, ADD/CVD, special trade programs and other government agency requirements.
- Following internal controls of the company related to import/export compliance, meets/exceeds compliance goals, objectives, order processing lead times.
- Oversees the creation and updates of procedure and work instructions to reflect current practices or to make improvements.
- Responds to CF28’s/CF29’s, submits classification and other ruling requests to Customs, and ECCN classifications and other rulings requests to local regulatory authorities. May also submit PEA’s or post-entry amendments as directed by management and assists with any needed prior disclosures.
Job Experience Required:
- Advanced analytical skills to develop/maintain complex Global Trade financial modeling tools; experienced user of spreadsheets, databases, presentation, and project management tools.
- Strong Query and Reporting skills sets are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 applications (e.g. Access, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong familiarity with the US Export Administration Regulations with a strong understanding of the export authorization determination processes as well as the US Commodity Control List (CCL).
- Experience with the BIS’s SNAPR on-line license application system preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with international trade compliance regulations particularly in tasks related to Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN) classifications.
- Significant experience with processes related to engineering change order and documentation controls, particularly in a high tech industry highly desired.
- Bachelors degree preferred.