Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||Software Dev QA Engineer 1 (CARD713)
Fortinet is currently looking for an experienced Software Dev QA Engineer to join our FortiGuard department to support the Intrustion Prevention System (IPS) team in Burnaby. You will enhance the detection coverage of the network IPS and related services, while maintaining low false positives and high performance throughput. You will be involved with performance testing, automation, metrics, and working closely with the IPS development team. This is a great opportunity to enhance your career in computer network security.
- Create, run, and analyze detections (or functional) and performance tests for IPS and Application Control
- Use network testing equipment (Breaking Point, Mu, Avalanche) to run manual and automated tests
- Automate frequently used tests
- Create, maintain, and monitor service metrics
- Work closely with IPS software and signature developers on detection and performance issues
Job Skills Required
- Experience with network administration, Linux administration
- Experience with LInux scripting languages - Perl (preferred), Tcl, Bash, Python, Ruby, etc (knowledge of one or more is ideal)
- Experience with databases - MySQL, SQLite, Posgresql, etc
- Experience with QA processes - creating test cases, reporting Mantis issues, running regressions tests etc)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 2+ years of experience