Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Hardware Development Engineer 1 (CARD686)
||Full Time Regular
Do you have a passion for PCB design and product development? Get some hands-on experience on our Hardware Team in Burnaby!
Fortinet has an opportunity for 2 experienced Hardware Engineers to be responsible for all aspects of the product development cycle including: definition, implementation and release to manufacturing of high speed networking security boards/ systems and Ethernet Switch products. This is a great opportunity to work on new products with various cross functional teams. This position also offers great project and scope variety and includes the management of both in-house and joint development efforts with external vendors. You will also be involved with research, investigation, and definition of new areas of technology.
- PCB layout, high frequency, high density, low noise.
- Gerber and manufacturing files, support the contract manufacturer.
- Design validation, and reliability testing.
- Analyze and resolve the design issues prototype in the field.
- Schematic design - including component selection, capture design, electrical stimulation.
- Board layout - including PCB stackup definition, component placement, detailed routing rule setting; high speed signal simulation.
- System verification and validation
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Skills Required
- 3+ years experience in hardware design with successful delivery to market
- Signal integrity and simulation techniques & tools
- Experience with supporting the board manufacturer, PCB/PCBA
- Schematic capture tools, Allegro PCB layout
- High-speed processors (such as X86, Ethernet switches) designing and PCB board routing.
- Familiar with EMI/EMC requirements and how to mitigate in design.
- Knowledge of safety agency requirements and how to design for compliance.
- Good lab skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication between teams and vendors
- Self motivated
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Master's degree preferred