Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
||United States [US]
||Senior RMA Engineer (AMRD302)
||Full Time Regular
Fortinet has an exciting opening for a Senior RMA Engineer to join the R&D team at our headquarters in Sunnyvale. You will be involved with analyzing and debugging units returned from customers to locate the root cause of issues. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys problem solving and developing tools and processes to diagnose problems. You will work with other teams to improve the overall quality of Fortinet products.
- Analyze defect unit root cause and work with other teams/CM to fix.
- Manage and perform defective unit troubleshooting, fixing and testing to ensure all necessary quality test are passed to allow product shipment within established standard and guidelines.
- Manage and perform incoming unit inspection and testing by confirming specification, conducting testing, rejecting and returning unacceptable units.
- Analysis RMA data and provide detail technical qualifications steps to RMA process team for reduction of any unnecessary RMA.
- Work with manufacturer and production quality control team to measure adherence to internal requirements, and propose improvement to production testing process.
- Manage and assist corrective action and rework to fix issues in existing products.
- Oversee creation and approval of SOP needed for testing and repairing.
- Interpret and analyze test result against applicable specifications, and create, monitor and publish key performance indicators, and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for quality control.
- At least 3 years of industry experience
- Solid experience of computer/networking system hardware debugging and bring up
- Knowledge of computer hardware self diagnose applications
- Demonstrated good analytical skill to locate and repair computer hardware/components
- Good knowledge of BIOS and popular OS such as Linux/Windows
- Knowledge of C programming is a plus
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Firewall, Network security is a plus
- Masters in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or
- Bachelors of Science in Computer or Electrical Engineering with hardware debugging experience