Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply For This Job and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply For This Job Tell A Friend
At Kelowna Flightcraft, our people enjoy rewarding, quality work in a friendly environment where we have one thing in common: we are proud of what we do!
Privately owned and operated, Kelowna Flightcraft Group of Companies is an industry leading aviation company. We operate two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON with 11 bases spread across Canada. Our facilities support Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, Convair 580, DC10, Dash 8, Astra 1125 and other aircraft. With exciting and challenging opportunities, we are offering you the chance to join our team and take your career to new heights at our Hamilton Base!
||AME-E Avionics Apprentice (Hamilton Base)
The AME Avionics Apprentice is responsible to assist on line and heavy maintenance projects as well as work in the Avionics shop within his/her appropriate skill and ability level, in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with the Canadian Aviation Regulations and Kelowna Flightcraft maintenance manuals and procedures.
Project Maintenance: The Avionics Apprentice works under a Licenced AME’s supervision on line and heavy maintenance projects and Avionics shop, involving:
- Learning a thorough understanding of systems – air conditioning, hydraulics, engines, flight controls, landing gear, avionics, electrical generation, oxygen, fuel, pneumatics - on multiple aircraft
- Showing ability to retain information and apply learning’s to similar situations
- Completing assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Taking responsibility for quality of own work and fixing mistakes where required
- Engaging in basic trouble shooting on assigned task
- Reporting to the Crew Chief any unserviceable condition discovered
Demonstrated Technical Skills: The Avionics Apprentice is expected to be able to demonstrate his/her capability to perform the following technical functions:
- Accurately identifying, obtaining, using and testing appropriate tools for assigned tasks
- Basic knowledge of Standard Wiring Practices and Avionics Systems
- Able to inspect and identify defects
- Able to find and read applicable wiring drawings
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge
Safety: The Avionics Apprentice is expected to apply safe work practices in all job duties, including:
- Wearing all appropriate personal protective equipment
- Understanding and applying the company’s Risk Management System
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards
- Understanding and applying safe handling practices with the aircraft
Documentation: The Avionics Apprentice is responsible to become familiar with general Flightcraft paperwork and parts ordering, which involves:
- Ensuring appropriate documentation is complete and submitting to an endorsed AME or Crew Chief for ACA approval
||Full Time Regular
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||To support your career we offer a competitive salary, paid vacation, a matching pension plan, and a benefit plan that includes: Medical, extended medical, dental (including orthodontics for children), Health Spending Account (HSA), life and accident insurance, paid sick time, short and long term disability and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. These benefits are extended to your spouse and dependant children.