Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply For This Job and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply For This Job Tell A Friend
||Kelowna Flightcraft Ltd
At Kelowna Flightcraft, our people enjoy rewarding, quality work in a friendly environment where we have one thing in common: we are proud of what we do!
Privately owned and operated, Kelowna Flightcraft Group of Companies is an industry leading aviation company. We operate two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON with 11 bases spread across Canada. Our facilities support Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, Convair 580, DC10, Dash 8, Astra 1125 and other aircraft. With exciting and challenging opportunities, we are offering you the chance to join our team and take your career to new heights at our Kelowna base.
||Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility. We have over 500 employees employed locally, who spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year round from skiing to wineries to golfing to any of our amazing lakes. Kelowna was awarded the honour of Cultural Capital of Canada in 2004. Our strong and growing company provides the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that makes the connection between career and lifestyle.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Parts/Tool Counter Support
||The Parts/Tool Counter Support position reports to the Stores Supervisor and is responsible for providing a high level of customer service in the following areas: materials handling, materials stocking, materials staging, controlled products handling, inventory management and housekeeping and administrative support for Kelowna Flightcraft.
• Materials Handling — Locating, issuing and restocking Consumable and Rotable aircraft parts, tools and supplies as requested by company personnel.
• Materials Stocking — Ensuring accurate stocking and restocking of all tools and stores materials.
• Materials Staging — Ensuring requested tooling and materials are pulled and prepared for delivery in a timely and accurate manner.
• WHIMIS Products Handling — Labeling and stocking WHIMS or expiry controlled items appropriately. Recognizing and correcting any deficiencies in labeling. Providing access to and interpreting of the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) as requested.
• Inventory Management and Housekeeping — Ensuring parts are in standard format for stocking and ready to be picked as needed and that work area is clean, organized and free from hazards.
• Administrative Support — Functions as after hours switchboard and address incoming calls for material movement during regular business hours. Provide administrative support and data entry to Stores Supervisor as required.
||• Grade 12
• Strong sense of urgency and accuracy
• Must be able to work rotational shift work, including days, afternoons and weekends
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team
• Strong initiative and multi-tasking skills
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with MS Office programs and Internet
• Previous work experience in a customer service, parts environment would be an asset
• Must be able to move/respond quickly to job requirements
• Must be physically fit:
- lifting aircraft parts and supplies up to around 50 lbs
- standing for an extended period of time (up to 12 hours)
- constant reaching and bending to shelves
- climbing step ladders and stairs regularly to retrieve parts from the higher shelves
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||To support your career we offer a competitive salary, paid vacation, a matching pension plan, and a benefit plan that includes: Medical, extended medical, dental (including orthodontics for children), Health Spending Account (HSA), life and accident insurance, paid sick time, short and long term disability and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. These benefits are extended to your spouse and dependent children.