Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply For This Job and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
At Kelowna Flightcraft, our people enjoy rewarding, quality work in a friendly environment where we have one thing in common: we are proud of what we do!
Privately owned and operated, Kelowna Flightcraft Group of Companies is an industry leading aviation company. We operate two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON with 11 bases spread across Canada. Our facilities support Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, Convair 580, DC10, Dash 8, Astra 1125 and other aircraft. With exciting and challenging opportunities, we are offering you the chance to join our team and take your career to new heights at our Kelowna base.
||Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility. We have over 500 employees employed locally, who spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year round from skiing to wineries to golfing to any of our amazing lakes. Kelowna was awarded the honour of Cultural Capital of Canada in 2004. Our strong and growing company provides the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that makes the connection between career and lifestyle.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Avionics Technical Writer - YLW Base
||• Produce manual updates for Kelowna Flightcraft’s aircraft fleet. Manuals include: Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogues, Flight Manuals, and Service Bulletins
• Produce stand-alone supplements to support avionic installations on various aircraft types
• Maintain good records of publications production
• Maintain control of manual revision status
||• Diploma in Avionics Technology, or equivalent experience.
• Convair avionics experience would be an asset
• Ten years avionics experience
• Work from avionic engineering drawings, wiring diagrams and other source data
• Interpret OEM avionic documentation into usable text for maintenance and operational manuals
• Write in AECMA Simplified English
• Experience with FrameMaker desk-top publishing software
• Experience with Access to produce illustrated parts catalogue databases
• Experience with Illustration software for annotating illustrated parts list and other illustrations
• Familiar with ATA 100, ATA i2000, S1000D, and other aerospace publication specifications
• Familiarity with SGML documentation an asset
• Experience with interviewing
• Experience with researching
• Excellent Time Management skills
• Personal attributes: self starter, team player, adaptable, accurate, works well under pressure
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||To support your career we offer a competitive salary, paid vacation, a matching pension plan, and a benefit plan that includes: Medical, extended medical, dental (including orthodontics for children), Health Spending Account (HSA), life and accident insurance, paid sick time, short and long term disability and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. These benefits are extended to your spouse and dependent children.