At Kelowna Flightcraft, our people enjoy rewarding, quality work in a friendly environment where we have one thing in common: we are proud of what we do!
Privately owned and operated, Kelowna Flightcraft Group of Companies is an industry leading aviation company. We operate two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON with 11 bases spread across Canada. Our facilities support Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, Convair 580, DC10, Dash 8, Astra 1125 and other aircraft. With exciting and challenging opportunities, we are offering you the chance to join our team and take your career to new heights at our Kelowna base.
||Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility. We have over 500 employees employed locally, who spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year round from skiing to wineries to golfing to any of our amazing lakes. Kelowna was awarded the honour of Cultural Capital of Canada in 2004. Our strong and growing company provides the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that makes the connection between career and lifestyle.
||Machinist - Certified - Casual/On Call Position - YLW
||The Machinist position reports to the Machine Shop Supervisor and is responsible for the machining of aircraft parts and tooling on a casual on call basis when requested by the supervisor. This position could be ideal for someone that is retired but is looking for occasional work.
||• Machining of aircraft parts and tooling using lathes and mills
• Reaming and honing of bushings and bores of varied materials and hardness
• Sharpening drill bits, reams and tools
• Verifying dimensions of machine parts using precision measuring instruments
• Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
• All other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Knowledge and Skills required:
• Machinist Certification
• Highly competent on conventional machines
• Experience on HBM, grinders, EDM an asset
• Ability to think ‘outside the box’ by being creative and inventive
• Must be capable of planning procedures from start to finish for maximum efficiency
• Experienced with machine shop practices and equipment
• Experienced with basic shop maintenance
• Ability to accurately use precision measuring tools
• Ability to work with toxic and/or unpleasant oils and chemicals
• Understand and implement surface finish standards
• Strong understanding of the English language and ability to read and interpret sophisticated engineering drawings/blueprints
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well with others
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to research information
• Comfortable standing for long periods of time