Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply For This Job and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply For This Job Tell A Friend
At Kelowna Flightcraft, our people enjoy rewarding, quality work in a friendly environment where we have one thing in common: we are proud of what we do!
Privately owned and operated, Kelowna Flightcraft Group of Companies is an industry leading aviation company. We operate two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON with 11 bases spread across Canada. Our facilities support Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, Convair 580, DC10, Dash 8, Astra 1125 and other aircraft. With exciting and challenging opportunities, we are offering you the chance to join our team and take your career to new heights at our Kelowna base.
||Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility. We have over 500 employees employed locally, who spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year round from skiing to wineries to golfing to any of our amazing lakes. Kelowna was awarded the honour of Cultural Capital of Canada in 2004. Our strong and growing company provides the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that makes the connection between career and lifestyle.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Machinist - Certified
||The Machinist position reports to the Machine Shop Supervisor and is responsible for the machining of aircraft parts and tooling.
||• Machining of aircraft parts and tooling
• Set up and adjustment of conventional and CNC machines
• Experienced with Lathes and mills is a must.
• Experience on HBM, grinders, EDM and asset.
• Reaming and honing of bushings and bores of varied materials and hardness
• Sharpening drill bits, reams and tools
• Verify dimensions of machine parts using precision measuring instruments
• Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
• All other duties as assigned by Supervisor
• Trained in programming using GibbsCAM an asset.
• Ability to think ‘outside the box’ by being creative and inventive
• Machinist Certification
• Highly competent on conventional machines
• MUST be capable of planning procedures from start to finish for maximum efficiency.
• Experience with CNC machining on HAAS and Fanuc controllers is an asset.
• Experienced with machine shop practices and equipment
• Experienced with basic shop maintenance
• Ability to accurately use precision measuring tools
• Ability to work with toxic and/or unpleasant oils and chemicals
• Understand and implement surface finish standards
• Strong understanding of the English language and ability to read and interpret sophisticated engineering drawings/blueprints
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well with others
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to research information
• Comfortable standing for long periods of time
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||To support your career we offer a competitive salary, paid vacation, a matching pension plan, and a benefit plan that includes: Medical, extended medical, dental (including orthodontics for children), Health Spending Account (HSA), life and accident insurance, paid sick time, short and long term disability and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. These benefits are extended to your spouse and dependent children.