Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply For This Job and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply For This Job Tell A Friend
At Kelowna Flightcraft, our people enjoy rewarding, quality work in a friendly environment where we have one thing in common: we are proud of what we do!
Privately owned and operated, Kelowna Flightcraft Group of Companies is an industry leading aviation company. We operate two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON with 11 bases spread across Canada. Our facilities support Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, Convair 580, DC10, Dash 8, Astra 1125 and other aircraft. With exciting and challenging opportunities, we are offering you the chance to join our team and take your career to new heights at our Kelowna base.
||Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility. We have over 500 employees employed locally, who spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year round from skiing to wineries to golfing to any of our amazing lakes. Kelowna was awarded the honour of Cultural Capital of Canada in 2004. Our strong and growing company provides the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that makes the connection between career and lifestyle.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Paint Prepper - YLW
||The Paint Prepper position reports to the Paint Supervisor and is responsible for the prepping of the aircraft prior to paint application. This includes the stripping, cleaning, and masking of the aircraft and components.
||- Washing of aircraft and parts
- Stripping of paint from aircraft and parts
- Sanding of aircraft and parts
- Cleaning of aircraft and parts
- Masking of aircraft and parts
- Etching and Alodining of aircraft and parts
- Preparing aircraft parts for inspection and repair
- Polishing aluminum
- Mixing paints and primers for minor repairs
- Operating and maintaining all types of lift equipment and priming equipment, including tooling
- Complying with Paint shop standard practices and safety procedures
- Completing other general labour and cleaning duties involved in the paint preparation process, as required
||- Minimum 2 years experience in an autobody shop or completion of an autobody repair course preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Able to work in an industrial environment
- Must be physically fit and able to climb ladders, stairs, work in small and/or awkward spaces and lift up to 40 lbs
- Able and willing to work shift work including graveyards
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||To support your career we offer a competitive salary, paid vacation, a matching pension plan, and a benefit plan that includes: Medical, extended medical, dental (including orthodontics for children), Health Spending Account (HSA), life and accident insurance, paid sick time, short and long term disability and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. These benefits are extended to your spouse and dependent children.