Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply For This Job and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply For This Job Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Accounts Receivable (15 Month Term)
The Accounts Receivable position reports to the Finance Controller and is responsible for invoicing, processing payments, collection and accounts reconciliation and credit administration within an automated accounting environment.
Generating accurate, complete and timely invoices for all company departments including flight operations, maintenance operations, avionics modifications, materials sales and training. Invoices may be M3 MCO system generated as well as various manually calculated invoices. For all invoices, the following applies:
• Accurate coding of all invoices into M3 system (i.e. into the right company, right currency, appropriate general ledger revenue codes, right accounting period etc)
• Applying federal and provincial legislative requirements to ensure appropriate and accurate PST and GST taxation to each invoice
• Respond appropriately to internal and external inquiries on invoice issues
Customer payments are processed in an accurate, complete and timely manner. This involves:
• Matching payments to invoice balances
• Deal with short payment and/or partial payment amounts if any
COLLECTION CALLS/ACCOUNTS RECONCILIATION
Timely, appropriate and effective collection efforts for overdue accounts. Responsible to:
• Prepare accurate account reconciliation for high volume accounts as required
• Identify more complex issues and make recommendations as to an appropriate response. Utilize appropriate internal customer contact resources.
GST AND PST RETURNS
• Preparing accurate, timely and complete monthly GST returns for each company and generating consolidated filing positions for the company group.
• Preparing accurate, timely and complete monthly PST returns for each company.
CREDIT GRANTING AND LIMIT ADMINISTRATION
Participate in data gathering and initial decision making on customer credit limits up to approved limits. Thereafter, ensuring compliance to prescribed limits.
Support Finance department with administrative support as required including:
• Back up M3 Billing & Costing Analysts
||REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE or SKILLS
• Post-Secondary education complimented by one year of proven Accounting experience and/or related work experience
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Good organizational skills
• Effective and pleasant communications skills
• Good telephone etiquette
• Proficient in Word
• Excel Skills on a scale of 1 to 10 must be at least an 8