Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply For This Job and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply For This Job Tell A Friend
||Kelowna Flightcraft Ltd
At Kelowna Flightcraft, our people enjoy rewarding, quality work in a friendly environment where we have one thing in common: we are proud of what we do!
Privately owned and operated, Kelowna Flightcraft Group of Companies is an industry leading aviation company. We operate two full service MRO facilities in Kelowna, BC and Hamilton, ON with 11 bases spread across Canada. Our facilities support Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, Convair 580, DC10, Dash 8, Astra 1125 and other aircraft. With exciting and challenging opportunities, we are offering you the chance to join our team and take your career to new heights at our Kelowna base.
||Located in BC’s beautiful Okanagan Valley, Kelowna is home to our Head Office and our largest maintenance facility. We have over 500 employees employed locally, who spend their off-hours enjoying all the valley has to offer year round from skiing to wineries to golfing to any of our amazing lakes. Kelowna was awarded the honour of Cultural Capital of Canada in 2004. Our strong and growing company provides the community, co-workers and satisfying challenges that makes the connection between career and lifestyle.
||British Columbia [BC]
||Engine Shop Clean Line Technician - YLW
||The Engine Shop Clean Line Technician position reports to the Engine Shop Supervisor and is responsible for the cleaning of aircraft engine parts.
||• Reference the JT8D-9A to -17A maintenance manual to identify the appropriate cleaning process for the particular part
• Perform the cleaning tasks as specified by the work cards
• Order and change the chemicals in the cleaning tanks on a scheduled basis as well as arranging for the used chemicals to be removed from the area
• Ensure all cleaning equipment and machinery are in operational condition
• Control the chemical shop stock
• Ensure MSDS file is current
• Assist the Engine Technicians on the shop floor as requested
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor
||• Working knowledge of Hazardous Materials regulations
• Familiarity with typical cleaning agents used for industrial parts cleaning
• Knowledge of Airworthiness Regulations an asset
• Working knowledge of engine parts an asset
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel experience an asset
• Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of P & W manuals an asset (in-house training will be provided)
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be physically fit and able to lift aircraft parts up to around 50 lbs
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||To support your career we offer a competitive salary, paid vacation, a matching pension plan, and a benefit plan that includes: Medical, extended medical, dental (including orthodontics for children), Health Spending Account (HSA), life and accident insurance, paid sick time, short and long term disability and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. These benefits are extended to your spouse and dependent children.
||Starting at $15.10 per hour